Who could resist this Mexican delight? All the flavor of this classic comfort food - minus the carbs! And the shells are made from cheese! You heard that right, C-H-E-E-S-E!
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Divide cheese into 4-inch circles. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and the edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Carefully remove from pan and press into cups of a standard muffin pan. Cool completely.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chiles and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add taco meat to cheese shells. Top with your favorite taco toppings