What should the star of your Christmas dinner table be if not a turkey? Steak! Let this Keto-friendly Oven-cooked Top Sirloin Steak shine on your holiday table, that even your non-Keto friends and family would surely love. This low-carb recipe is easy to cook and is the perfect main dish to any keto-friendly 5-star meal.
1 recipe Balsamic Steak Marinade
1 tbsp Butter
4 8-oz Sirloin steaks
For the Marinade:
1/4 cup Coconut aminos
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Sea salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper
How to cook it:
- Prepare the Balsamic Steak Marinade by whisking all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade in a zip lock freezer bag and add in the steak. Seal the bag and move around to coat the steak evenly.
- Refrigerate the steak and marinade for 3-8 hours but no longer. It will make the meat too soft.
- Remove the marinated steak in the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking so the meat will become room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. At the same time, preheat cast iron grill pan on your stove over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- On your preheated grill pan, add the butter and heat until melted. Add the steak. Sear for 2 minutes without moving the steak, until brown with grill marks on the bottom. Flip and sear for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer the cast iron grill pan to the preheated oven. Bake for 2-6 minutes, depending on your desired bloodiness. For a 1.5-inch (4 cm) thick steak, that's usually 2 minutes for rare, 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for medium-well and 6 minutes for well done.
- Remove the steak from the oven and transfer to a plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.