Being on a diet does not mean starving yourself and depriving yourself of tasty treats. For people like us on a keto diet, we get exposed to a lot of new and creative recipes that we would not have discovered if we did not go for this type of diet regimen. It’s like going on an adventure in another country and discovering new, interesting and tasty dishes.
We love to eat snacks once in a while. Snacks are great in giving you that quick boost in energy or just a quick way to improve your mood. In my opinion, keto snacks are more interesting and of course healthier than your regular sweet treats. They are also easy and fun to make which is a big bonus. Let’s take a look at healthy keto snacks that you can nibble on when you just want something quick to satisfy your cravings.
I don’t know about you but I think bacon is the king of food. It’s delicious, easy to prepare and packed with fat and protein. It’s good as it is unless you put chocolate into the mix. Then it becomes perfect. This simple recipe ramps up the fat and tastiness of the bacon that we all love.
- 6 slices or more of organic, pasteurized bacon
- Half a block of chocolate
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place bacon on the baking tray.
- Cook bacon in the oven until crispy. Drain the fat.
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan.
- Dip the bacon in the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt.
Bell Pepper Nachos
Beef, cheese, sour cream and all the other things that you would expect from a nacho but we’re going to use bell peppers instead of chips. This is the classic nachos with a twist. Have I ever told you that keto snacks are interesting?
- 2 bell peppers preferably medium-sized
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of vegetable of oil
- ¼ tsp of chili powder
- ¼ tsp of ground cumin
- 4 ounces of ground beef
- 1 cup of shredded full-fat cheese
- ¼ cup of guacamole
- ¼ cup of pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp of full-fat sour cream
- Cut the bell peppers into sixths. Remove seeds and stem.
- Place the bell peppers into a bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and a bit of water.
- Microwave for 4 minutes. Let it cool.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add cumin and chili powder and cook for 30 seconds until toasted.
- Add the ground beef and ¼ tsp of salt.
- Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until browned and cooked.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon some of the cooked beef in each of the sliced bell peppers.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and broil until the cheese is melted.
- Top with pico de gallo and guacamole.
- Thin the sour cream with water and sprinkle on top of the nachos.
- Eat one and enjoy!